InsureTech Connect (ITC) and Gamma Iota Sigma (GIS) invite you to submit student nominations to participate in InsureTech Connect, taking place October 1-3, 2018 in Las Vegas.
ITC will sponsor up to 10 students to attend the world’s largest insuretech event, offering unparalleled access to the most comprehensive gathering of tech entrepreneurs, investors and insurance industry executives from across the globe.
- ITC will provide complimentary conference registration for the selected students
- ITC will cover up to 3 nights hotel accommodations for the selected students (two students of the same gender will be placed to room together)
- Flight and additional travel costs are the responsibility of the student or school. If you need additional support, you may apply for an additional travel stipend in your application. For those who are approved you will receive a stipend of up to $500 once flight receipts are provided.
Student Program at ITC
- Selected students will be invited to attend all official activities, including the Official Kick-Off Reception, Expo, daily networking receptions and the Closing Party.
- A customized Student Track Agenda with recommendations will be provided for remaining programming and breakout sessions.
- Throughout the conference, students will have the opportunity to network with more than 6,000 attendees expected at ITC.
- Students may nominate themselves and procure the required nomination letter from a professor or industry representative, or an educational institution or member of the industry may nominate a student.
- Open to full-time college/university students.
- Students must be 21 years of age or older.
- Nominated students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Students must demonstrate a desire to work in the insurance industry and be interested in seeking entry-level employment in areas within the insurance, risk management, or technology industries.
- Special consideration will be given to students with coursework in technology or a demonstrated interest in the tech space.
All nominees will be notified by August 17, 2018. Students will need to make flight arrangements no later than September 1, 2018.
Students must be in attendance at and actively participate in the entire event, arriving in Las Vegas on Monday, October 1 in time to participate in the Student Pre-Event session and departing no earlier than Wednesday, October 3 following the end of sessions.
Only complete submissions will be considered. For more information, please contact Noelle Codispoti at Noelle.Codispoti@gammaiotasigma.org or Samara Jaffe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information should be submitted via the online application form no later than Wednesday, August 8, 2018.
- Nomination letter from a professor or industry professional (must work in insurtech or insurance space) on why the student would benefit from participation.
- Student essay detailing his/her career objectives and what he/she will gain from the experience at ITC (500 words or fewer).
- Student application (completed electronically).
- Student’s current transcript.
- Student’s resume.