InsureTech Connect (ITC) and Gamma Iota Sigma (GIS) invite you to submit student nominations to participate in InsureTech Connect, taking place September 23-25, 2019 in Las Vegas.
ITC will sponsor up to 20 students to attend the world’s largest insurtech event, offering unparalleled access to the most comprehensive gathering of tech entrepreneurs, investors and insurance industry executives from across the globe.
- ITC will provide complimentary conference registration for the selected students
- ITC will cover up to 3 nights hotel accommodations for the selected students (two students of the same gender will be placed to room together)
- Flight and additional travel costs are the responsibility of the student or school. If you need additional support, you may apply for an additional travel stipend in your application. Those who are approved, will receive a reimbursement stipend of up to $500, once flight receipts are provided.
Student Program at ITC
- Selected students will be invited to attend all official activities, including the Official Kick-Off Reception, Expo, daily networking receptions and the Closing Party.
- Pre-conference session on Monday, September 23 with tailored programming.
- A customized Student Track Agenda with recommendations will be provided for remaining programming and breakout sessions.
- Throughout the conference, students will have the opportunity to network with more than 7,000 attendees expected at ITC.
- Students may nominate themselves and procure the required nomination letter from a professor or industry representative, or an educational institution or member of the industry may nominate a student.
- Open to full-time college/university students.
- Students must be 21 years of age or older.
- Nominated students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Students must demonstrate a desire to work in the insurance industry and be interested in seeking entry-level employment in any discipline within the industry.
- Special consideration will be given to students with coursework in technology or a demonstrated interest in the tech space.
All nominees will be notified by July 29, 2019. Students will need to make flight arrangements no later than August 15, 2019.
Students must be in attendance at and actively participate in the entire event, arriving in Las Vegas on Monday, September 23 in time to participate in the Student Pre-Event session and departing no earlier than Wednesday, September 25 following the end of sessions.
Only complete submissions will be considered. For more information, please contact Noelle Codispoti at Noelle.Codispoti@gammaiotasigma.org or Samara Jaffe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All information should be submitted via the online application form no later than Monday, July 1, 2019. The application requires that you provide:
- Nomination letter from a professor or industry professional (must work in insurtech or insurance space) on why the student would benefit from participation.
- Essay detailing your career objectives and what you will gain from the experience at ITC (500 words or fewer).
- Current transcript.
- Up to date resume.
- Copy of Driver’s License or other photo ID.